Hello Vintage!

History is amazing to me
a view back in time
of how things used to be
simple? happier? maybe?
Either way, I get a glimpse
of life before me.

According to my wonderful kids, if it's old I love it!  I'd say, 99% of the time they are correct!

I happened to be wandering in a store over the weekend when my eyes fell upon numerous Look, Saturday Evening Post and Life Magazines from the 1950's and early 1960's all bundled up in packages and waiting for someone who loves vintage to buy them.  The someone...me.  I love reading the stories, looking at the ad's and taking a trip back through history.


Look Magazine-October 14, 1958 .20 to purchase Elizabeth Taylor-From Tragedy...New Fame


Saturday Evening Post-September 17, 1960 .15 to purchase Inside Blair House; Is There a "Women's Vote?"



My grandfather worked for Borden's for many, many years.  My mom tells me he used to bring home ice cream in big containers and they would get to eat it on the back porch, fond memories for her.  The first thing I thought of when I saw this ad was my mom.  I sent her a pic of it asking, Do you remember Borden's like this?  She promptly replied, Yes!!!  She then went on to tell me that she remembered Look Magazine from way back when, and really liked them.  I can't wait for her to read them and see all the old ads, maybe she'll remember a story or two to tell me. ;)
3 Responses
  1. ~JarieLyn~ Says:

    Angie, I think I would have fun going shopping with you. I love those vintage magazines. I too, am fascinated with the history and the stories of a simpler time. Elizabeth Taylor was soooooo beautiful!


  2. Amit Says:

    Wow!!!! This is simply amazing...I want to read those beautiful,lovely and gorgeous vintage magazines too.I wish I could purchase something of that kind here.OH!!! how wonderful it would be to read articles from that time and to get to know something more than you usually find. you're really so lucky!!!!


  3. I love vintage! and Im sure that the stories that your Mom can tell you, will be so interesting! =)