Penpals & Postcards-A Lovely Mix

Birds are singing
Sky is light
Pens are out
Time to write!


This adorable letter arrived all the way from Indonesia.  Stefani wrote a lovely letter, made an adorable card and enclosed fantastic stamps! 


I'm in a project called 52 Postcards in a Year on Swap-bot
A different person is assigned to each week of the year and during "your" week (I'm week 1) everyone else in the group sends you a postcard so technically you should receive 52 Postcards in one week.  The following weeks of the year, I'll send one postcard a week to someone else.  Makes it easy since we are only sending one postcard per week.


A few more penpal and swap postcards going out today to England, Switzerland and USA.  Do you have cards that you save hoping that eventually you'll come across someone that has them listed on their wishlist?  That's the case with the lightning card, I've held on to it for a long time and finally someone actually had it on their wishlist.  Oh Happy Day!
4 Responses
  1. ~JarieLyn~ Says:

    Yes, I do save certain postcards for that same reason. I also save some just because they're too cute or pretty to get rid of, but eventually I'll let them go.


  2. Lovely handwriting of Stefani! :)
    Yes, I also save some cards for people who have them on their wishlist. :) But I also buy cards I see many people would like. Like a while ago I got a lot of profiles on Postcrossing who asked for cards of the Simpsons, so I ordered some. But of course, now I don't have many people who ask for them, so I save them. Very selden I send one. :) Hugs, Mariska


  3. Unknown Says:

    JarieLyn-I'm starting to let go of many cards that I really love for space sake. I have no idea how I ended up with so many...maybe because I see...I like...I buy! :)


  4. Unknown Says:

    Mariska-I've learned Postcrossing is like most other things, trends come & go. Hang on to your Simpson cards, someone will eventually have them on their profile. Another option is to go to the trade boards on the forum side, you can put them up for trade and get cards sent to you that you really like. ;)