Postcards, Penpals & Envelopes

Making envelopes has been on my radar for a long while, taking the time to make them is another story.  Yesterday was the day, too hot to do anything (unless you like to step outside and turn into a melting popsicle), so a movie on netflix, a glass of Orange Sunskist and envelope making were in order. 

Envelopes
A few envelopes I made.

Postcard Stock Up
I picked up a bunch of new postcards to re-stock my touristy selection. I've always loved the Texas Flag card, sure am happy they had some in stock for little ol' me.  Maybe one will make it your way!

Incoming 8.1.12
Hands down, the very best part of my mail yesterday was finding letters from two penpals.  One from Germany and the other USA!  I love the cards they used to write on! 
3 Responses
  1. Alex Says:

    Beautiful envelopes! <3 Esp. the ones with the flowers :) Did you use scrapbooking paper? And your Texas postcards are great too! Whenever I go to Walmart I pick up a bunch of Maine postcards as they're only 21 cents each there. The tourist places sell them for 30 - 50 cents. Where do you buy yours?


  2. Unknown Says:

    Thanks! The flowered ones are made from those huge scrapbooking paper pads. I wait for the sale at Micheals or use a 40% off coupon on them, much cheaper than buying individual paper sheets. Like you, I try to buy my postcards at Walmart. I live close to a touristy type area so they always have a huge rack full, .27 each here. Send me your address and I'll drop a card in the mail for you! ;)


  3. Lovely Gift Card envelopes...especially the one with flowers...Do you use scrapbook paper for it.